10th November 2021
Mercury Enriched Limited (“Mercury Enriched”) (with company number 13806126) is based at Kemp House, London, EC1V 2NX. For the purposes of data protection laws, Mercury Enriched is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”) under number ZB283508.
You should read this notice, so that you know what we are doing with your personal data. Please also read our End-User Terms of Service, in addition to any other privacy notices and documentation that we give you that might apply to our use of your personal data in specific circumstances in the future.
How we collect your Personal Data
These are the ways in which we may collect your personal data:
If you are an End-User
If you are an End-User, the provider of the application through which you access our Services (your “Provider”) will direct you to use our Services which will include the following:
- If you are an End-User using either:
- our AIS product, through a software tool (the “AIS Tool”); or
- our Verification product, through a software tool (the “Verification Tool”)
which you can use to transmit information (including Personal Data) relating to payment accounts (“Account Information”) that you hold with Account Servicing Payment Service Providers (i.e. any payment service provider, such as a bank or a credit card issuer that maintains an online payment account on your behalf) (“ASPSPs”) to you and your Provider, in accordance with the End-User Terms of Service. When you use the AIS Tool or Verification Tool, we will collect and process the Personal Data contained in the Account Information retrieved from your ASPSP. We may also collect and process Personal Data provided to us by your Provider.
- If you are an End-User using our payment initiation services (“PIS”) product, through a software tool (the “PIS Tool”) which you can use to consent to and authorise a payment as specified by your Provider; this may require that your ASPSP sends us your bank account details. When you use the PIS Tool, we will collect and process the Personal Data that you provide to us (e.g. any Personal Data you include in the payment reference) in order for us to provide the PIS Tool. We may also collect and process Personal Data contained in your bank or payment account details shared with us by your ASPSP.
- Our Tool may merge or aggregate Account Information retrieved from a particular ASPSP with Account Information retrieved from other ASPSPs where you have consented to us accessing and transmitting such information. Our Tool may use your Account Information for profiling purposes or store your Account Information if this forms part of the Services we are delivering to your Provider, for example, if it is necessary for the functioning of your Provider’s app.
- If you have registered to use the Mercury Enriched End-User Portal or console we will collect and process your name, email, username that you provide to us in order to access the End-User Portal and the information about your use of the AIS Tool.
- Through email when you communicate with us.
- When you visit our Site.
- When you provide us with your marketing preferences.
If you are a Customer
If you are a Customer, we may collect your personal data from the following sources:
- through our Site when you register as a Customer or use our Services;
- through email when you communicate with us;
- through information that you provide to us, and from third party sources such as Companies House and LexisNexis for due diligence and onboarding purposes;
- when you visit our Site; and/or
- when you provide us with your marketing preferences.
If you are a visitor to our Site
If you are a visitor to our Site, we may collect your personal data from the following sources:
- through cookies or similar tracking technologies that we have set on our Site; and/or
- when you provide us with your marketing preferences through the Site.
How long we keep your Personal Data
We will not keep your Personal Data for any longer than we think is necessary.
When deciding how long to keep your Personal Data, we consider factors including:
- our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the Personal Data involved (including the End-User Terms of Service);
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
- whether we relied on your consent to use the Personal Data, but you have since withdrawn your consent;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- our legitimate interests where we have carried out balancing tests;
- fraud and risk management;
- (potential) disputes; and
- guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities.
Sharing of your Personal Data
By using our Services as an End-User, we share your Personal Data with your Provider who will become responsible for it as a data controller.
If you are an End-User or a Customer, we may also have to share your Personal Data:
- if we reasonably consider that we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- we need to enforce or apply our End-User Terms of Service and other agreements;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mercury Enriched, our customers, or others;
- if we have to do so to fulfil our legal obligations;
- with partners or suppliers who process Personal Data on our behalf (such as our professional advisers, payment schemes, auditors or IT suppliers) – we take the security and protection of your Personal Data seriously and only allow such suppliers to use your Personal Data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions;
- to another company in our group, if this is necessary to ensure continuity in the provision of Services to you (including in relation to the UK’s withdrawal from the European Union), or to reflect any business reorganisation or expansion that we may engage in from time to time.
International transfers of your Personal Data
However, whenever we do transfer your Personal Data out of the EEA or the UK, we will only do so if:
- it is to a country that has been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Data by the European Commission (or the UK once the Brexit transition period is over); or
- we have entered into a standard contractual clause approved by the European Commission or the UK once the Brexit transition period is over, which give Personal Data the same protection it has in the EEA or the UK, with the recipient of the data.
Please contact us if you want further information on how we ensure adequate protection for any Personal Data transferred out of the EEA or the UK.
The information collected with these technologies helps us in ensuring that we can:
- provide you with, and continuously improve our Services;
- enhance your experience of our Site;
- better understand how our Site is used;
- help our merchants better understand the uses of their platform and
- help our merchants to enhance your customer experience.
None of the Cookies we use are used to identify you as an individual. They typically collect anonymous identifiers associated with your device, browser, referring site URLs, time or usage information. Cookies never store any of your banking details.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary Cookies that are required for the operation of our Site, Tools and/or Services. These include Cookies that tell us if you’ve consented to the placement of functionality or analytical /performance Cookies, let you log into secure areas of our website, let us authenticate you when you sign-on to use any of our Services, and help us distinguish you from other users of our Site, Tools and/or Services (for example, if you are using our chat service). The functionality of our Services would be affected if these cookies are disabled.
- Functionality or preference Cookies, that are used to recognise you when you return to our website so we can personalise our content for you (such as your country or language preferences).
- Analytical or performance Cookies, that enable us to count the number of unique visitors to our Site and/or Tools and to see how users interact with our Site, Tools and/or Services by collecting information such as network requests, console logs, text entered and mouse movements.. We use this information to help improve our Site Tools and/or Services and your experience. For example, we can use these Cookies to understand what areas of our website are not being used by users and make improvements.
You can change your cookie preferences by changing the setting on your browser. Below we have provided links to some of the most popular browser websites:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit that browser developer’s website.
Right of access
You have the right to ask us to provide any personal data we have collected about you, to you. Should you wish to do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make a subject access request detailing:
- your name,
- your address,
- the details of your Provider, and
- the period of data you would like access to.
Object to processing, including Direct Marketing
You may have the right in certain circumstances to ask us to stop processing your Personal Data. You always have the right to ask us to stop processing your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, at any time.
Request to restrict processing
You may, in certain circumstances, have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your data or to suppress your data.
Request correction or erasure
If we hold any of your Personal Data, you have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate data we hold about you or delete the data where there is no legitimate reason for us to continue to process it. We may not always be able to delete or correct on request if it is not within our control (such as with Account Information, in which case we will forward your request to the ASPSP) or if we are subject to legal requirements to keep the data.
If any of our Services require your consent to process your Personal Data and after you provided your consent, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent by contacting us as set out in the contact information below.
Request to transfer
Where we collect and store your Personal Data to perform a contract that we have with a Provider, you may request the transfer of your personal data to a third party, which we will provide to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information about how we process your Personal Data, you can contact us at email@example.com or by mail at:
- Data Protection Officer,
- Mercury Enriched,
- Kemp House,
- London EC1V 2NX.
Making a complaint to a supervisory authority
Should you be dissatisfied with the service we provide, you have the right to file a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk, or to the relevant data protection supervisory authority in your country of residence.
Subject to such Account Information being returned by the relevant ASPSP, Account Information shall include, but not be limited to, the following financial information and Personal Data:
- Personal details: name, date of birth, full address(es), email address, phone number, gender;
- Bank account information:
- Account type (e.g. current, saving, investment, credit card);
- Account name;
- IBAN/Account number/Sort code/SWIFT;
- Account balance information:
- Current balance;
- Available balance (credit cards);
- Meta-data (arbitrary data that banks associate with a transaction e.g. category); and/or
- Additional data which Mercury Enriched may collect in the future (as confirmed in writing from time to time):
- Loans data when available;
- Insurance data when available; and/or
- Investments data when available;
- Payment due date (credit cards) when available; and/or
- Minimum payment due (credit cards) when available.